Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More snow


This is what I saw when I opened my door this morning. Don't worry, it had mostly melted except some random ice and big piles of snow where people had dumped it by the time I went home.


The tree in front of my apartment looked kind of neat.


The roads were pretty much just giant mud puddles I had to leap through when crossing the street and avoid spray streams from cars. I only had to walk halfway to work though in the morning because someone I work with saw me when they were pulling out of a parking lot and gave me a ride the rest of the way since it was snowing.


I bought some special candy at the store that they made for the Hina-Matsuri, it's all very pretty and in three colors. My next poster will be themed with that too which I will hopefully finish tomorrow. Of course I can't eat it because I am trying to avoid sweets for lent but since it's just sugar hopefully it will still be good in a month. The little three colored cakes were really pretty too. Naturally this is a festival I have a particular fondness for because it is a DOLL festival, and a day for little girls. They have dolls which represent the imperial court and which are unique and lovely in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment