Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hoodie attempt #1


Ok so I decided to leap in and attempt to sew something basic. I will try for version two soon since this one is less than satisfactory. The basic pattern is from dollmore but I made some changes to it. I am going to possibly use the pattern as a base and completely redraw it for next time so I can use a more complex design. I still want to do a whole series of these. This is just made from some scrap cloth from my mother's pile of scrap cloth.

Notes for improvements:
-Sew smaller margins, particularly for the hood/sleeves.
-increase sleeve length
-add cover cloth at the ends of the sleeves/sweater
-Attempt holes to attach puppy ears/tail and then sew over the layer with the lining
-cut out cute puppy patch for extra decoration because I can (or just do vector art in photo-shop and use transfer paper so it is flatter)

design notes for myself:
-try adding a face on the hood as well (cute)
-try adding animal figure cutouts (cute)
-make a separate hat/jacket for similar feeling
-add lace/ribbons/bows other details for more aesthetic appeal
-planned animals: spotted puppy, panda, blue lovebird, white rabbit, black lop-eared lace rabbit, cat, bear, jellyfish, lion







4 comments:

  1. I never done hoodies before so I can't comment much on the pattern, but dang, it looks pretty good for a first attempt! I love how you added the puppy ears and tail to it! The last photo is so precious! >w< I'd definitely love to see your other planned animal hoodies such as panda, bunny, bear and cat! Imagine your entire crew in those hoodies, just too cute! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to make better versions of some of the sketches and put them up and I would love feedback if you have any thoughts on them. XD Working on a Christmas one now.

      Delete
  2. i think it looks good :3 at least much better than the first hoodie i made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your words really encourage me to keep trying. :)

      Delete