Monday, March 14, 2011

stayed inside

Today I mostly sat around and watched the news on tv and looked up updates online that were actually in English.  Every once in a while the building would shake for about a second, so there are either aftershocks or the construction nearby is enough to make the building shake.  Not bad enough shaking to make anything fall but still mildly startling.  All eight channels on the television are constantly covering news on the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear power plant situations.  I can't understand most of the words on the television but sometimes you don't have to.  I understand their tears and downcast faces well enough.  A lot of the people I trained with, particularly those closer to Tokyo, have been saying there is very little food at the grocery stores because people are buying food and water up in case of emergencies.  I didn't have problems when I bought food on Saturday night, but I'm further away than they are since I'm about three hours north of Tokyo in Matsumoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment