Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sorrow

Today as I walked to work, I could smell the lingering scent of incense in the air.  As errant snowflakes drifted by my face, I could feel my eyes begin to fill with water from the touch of the wind, as though it were trying to steal tears.  My heart feels the cold more acutely than usual.  People are saying we should buy toilet paper because the companies that produce toilet paper may be among those that close down to save power.  I really do need toilet paper regardless because I only have one roll left but they were sold out at at the store.  No bread left either, not even my beloved strawberry milk bread.  I should be safe enough where I am but it's still scary, and my heart is still overflowing.  As I write this the ground shook again for about a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment